At Peaks for Change we believe in fundraising towards #leadingchange. Currently we are creating awareness and fundraising to #endstigma surrounding Mental Health by climbing the highest mountains on the 7 continents of the world!
These summits are as follow:
- Oceania: Carstensz Pyramid (Indonesia), 4884m (16023 ft)
Successful Summit – October 12, 2017 -CLICK TO READ POSTS
- Africa: Kilimanjaro (Tanzania), 5895m (19340 ft)
Successful Summit – January 6, 2018 -CLICK TO READ POSTS
- Europe: Elbrus (Russia), 5642m (18510 ft)
Successful Summit – July 29, 2018 -CLICK TO READ POSTS
- Antarctica: Vinson Massif (Antarctica), 4892m (16049 ft) Expedition Booked Nov 26 to Dec 7 2018
- South America: Aconcagua (Argentina), 6959m (22832 ft) Planned for Feb 2019
- North America: Denali (USA), 6194m (20320 ft) Expected June 2019
- Asia: Everest (Nepal/Tibet), 8848m (29029 ft) Expected Spring 2020
- Australia: Mount Kosciuszko (Australia), 2,228, (7,310 feet ft) Planned for Dec 2019/Jan 2020. The 8th Summit is to accommodate both the Bass and Messner versions of the 7 Summits.
ALL expeditions are privately funded by the individuals themselves.
Completing this feat is not a common occurrence. Worldwide, a little more than 50 woman have ever completed the 7 Summits. It is a task that requires great physical endurance and drive, along with a mental affinity to experience new and exciting places and tasks.
Our current project is to raise $700,000.00 over the next two years. Funds will be donated to CAMH Foundation in direct support of the groundbreaking CAMH Urgent Drop-in Clinic. This clinic will dramatically improve access to timely care and support a wide range of people with mental illness, including depression and psychosis.The clinic will also lessen repeat emergency care visits by ensuring continuity of care and availability to anyone regardless of age, gender or diagnosis.“In short, the Urgent Drop-in Clinic will transform the experience of seeking care after a crisis.”, CAMH
CAMH states: “The next breakthrough in mental health will come from CAMH”.
We believe that as well.
CAMH is not only Canada’s largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital, it is also one of the world’s leading research centers for addiction and mental health. See our letter of support from CAMH.
Adventurous volunteers are climbing the Seven Summits to raise $700,000.00. All funds raised for this challenge will be directed to CAMH, as all costs related to the expeditions themselves are 100% privately funded!
Help us raise $700,000.00 over this two year campaign! Help us #endstigma.
All donations will receive a tax deductible receipt!
EMA CLIMBING TO THE TOP OF MOUNT ELBRUS RUSSIA UNDER EXTREME WIND ON JULY 29, 2018
EMA CROSSING THE TYROLEAN TRAVERSE DURING THE CARSTENSZ PYRAMID EXPEDITION IN OCTOBER 2017
Peaks for Change Foundation – an organization created to promote change.
It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.
Follow our journey – Check out our Blog!
On our blog you can read about training, summit climbs and special events to raise funds. Check us out and follow us! #leadingchange